Saturday, July 2, 2011

Training

I took my second training walk on Thursday.  I walked from home to Seth's restaurant, just over 3 miles.  We have been having gorgeous weather (with a nice breeze), so that has been helpful.

When I got to Restaurant Christine, I actually ran in to one of the regular guests from Kincaid's.  She was having lunch with a friend and we ended up chatting quite a bit.  Before I left, she gave me her card and told me that she would support any fundraisers I have.

At one point, one of the bussers came up to me and was commenting and complimenting my hair in Spanish.  I could also see the kitchen guys peeking out of the kitchen to look at me.  I asked Seth, "you didn't tell them did you?"  He hadn't :)

Team TT also got 2 more donations on Thursday!  Oh, and I got my new shoes in the mail (AFTER I got home from my walk).

Yesterday, I ordered 200 pink silicone bracelets that sat THINK PINK!  We will use these as giveaways, as part of promotions, and also sell them.  I also bought 100 coin banks that I plan in decorating and using as fundraising tools.  We will be asking friends, as well as some businesses, to collect their loose change in them for a month, and then we will pick them up.  It's an easy way for people to get involved with minimal effort.

Today, Saturday, I had to go to a work meeting, but also did another training walk.  This time I got to wear my new shoes and use a new app i installed on my iPhone that uses GPS to track my actual mileage.  I did 5 miles :)  The only difficulty I had was that the insoles of my shoes were killing my arches, so I asked Seth to drive and meet me, bringing the original insoles to me.  I was fine after that.

On the fundraising front, my good friend Matthew, who always seems to say "yes" without hesitation, agreed to hold a pancake breakfast at his restaurant to help us raise donations for our walk.  I am super excited to plan it!!  Next on the agenda are a few more restaurant fundraisers, and a couple of BBQs.

Gina is having her 2nd chemo in a few days.  I will also be driving down to San Diego that day for a "Get Started Meeting" for the walk.  I can't wait to meet some fellow walkers!

I hope you all are well and enjoying your holiday weekend!!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment