Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Gratitude

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while, but we were on a family vacation to Kauai.  For those of you that don't know, I usually go in October by myself (I meet my mom over there, and my aunts and grandma live there), but this year we decided that we should all go together, since the boys haven't been in 5 years.

We all wore our tie t-shirts to the airport, so there was no mistaking that we belonged together :)


At first, Spencer didn't want to take a picture, but then he changed his mind.



As I anticipated, we all had a great time.  And, as always, my grandma was a joy to be around.  She just turned 93, and she is as coherent and active as I have always known her to be!  I feel so blessed to still have her around, and especially to be able to share her with Seth and the boys.

Since we've been back, I've had 3 chocolate orders to fill.  I have been, and will continue to be, using all of the money I make on my etsy site to pay for fundraising goodies and to sponsor our team.  Speaking of fundraising, here are a couple of things that arrived yesterday:



These are just a couple of the things that we will be having at our fundraisers.  I haven't decided yet if we will put a specific price on each item, or if we will group them, saying, "if you donate $5, you can choose on of these items, if you donate $10, you can choose one of these items," etc., etc.

I have also started labeling the donation cans.  We will be giving these away to anyone who wants one, and all they have to do is fill it up with their spare change.  When it's full, I will pick it up and process the coins!  I already have several friends who have ideas about where they can distribute these :)  This is a super simple way to support us!  


And finally, check out these necklaces I made.  I was inspired by some fancier ones I saw online (that I thought were too expensive for what they were!) and then found a tutorial for how to make these.  Can you guess what the pendants are made of?  Washers from the hardware store!  How cool is that?  And even cooler is the fact that since I am making these myself, I can stamp them with any word, phrase, or name I want!


I am so thrilled with these I went to OSH and bought more washers and a 3 lb hammer today.  More pics soon!

Gina update:  Chemo #3 is tomorrow.  Halfway to surgery.  Her reaction to the last chemo lasted a little longer than the first time, but I think that is to be expected.  Mostly fatigue and body aches.  Her hair is gone, but bald is beautiful, baby!!

Until next time,
Lisa

PS:  I sent out my first "official" fundraising letter to friends and family today, and received two donations within hours!  One was from Jack's Grandpa Bill and Nana Irene (who are going to meet us in San Diego for the walk!) and the other was from some regular guests at Kincaid's who I saw yesterday and who told me, "we're in!"  Wow.  Blessed.  Thank you.





No comments:

Post a Comment