Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Kindness of Others

On Sunday I did another training walk, and this time I was a bit over ambitious!  Because work was gonna be a zoo (due to the holiday weekend), I drove my car down to park it by work in the morning.  From there I walked 6 miles to Rolling Hills Plaza to have lunch at Veggie Grill.  After lunch, I  wasn't sure if I'd make it back home in time for a nap before work, so I ended up taking a bus for about a mile and a half to get me a little closer to home!  Once I got home, I literally had time for a 40 min nap before getting up, getting ready and heading off to work.  I had done exactly 8 miles.  By the end of my shift that night, I was pooped!  But it was a great day!

On the fundraising front, a couple more cool things have happened.  The awesome graphic artist who did my Pirates and Princesses logo a couple of years ago, Patrick O'Neal (www.onealink.com) agreed to do our Team Tough Titty logo for FREE!!  Also, Seth went to the Wilson Park Farmer's Market, and they are going to let us put up a fundraising booth, also for FREE!  And lastly, BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse, where my friend's hubby is a senior manager, is going to host a fundraiser for us!  15% of all sales (minus liquor and tax) on our fundraising night will be donated to the cause!!  DATES FOR THESE EVENTS TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!

Oh wait, I forgot another one!  The company whose face paints I love to use (www.wolfefx.com) is donating face painting kits and glitter so I can do face painting at our fundraisers!! Woo Hoo!!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Patrick O'Neal
Mary Lou Weiss
Mike Walsh
Shelli Fresco Farber

THANK YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment