Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pink Preparations

Today was the day that we were supposed to do our first farmer's market fundraiser.  Two days ago, however, the manager told us that she really didn't think it would be worth our time to do it.  At first, I was very upset, both because I have been working so hard to prepare, and also because I had taken the night off to do the afternoon market.  After a while, though, I decided to trust that things were working out as they should (something that is not very easy sometimes!).

Since I had the whole day off today, I decided to start prepping everything for Saturday's farmer's market.  By the time midday came and I realized how much more work I had to do, I was grateful that things worked out as they did!  Having this whole day to prep and pack everything is certainly going to make Saturday morning at 6:30 am go a lot smoother, especially since I am NOT a morning person (all of you who know me can stop laughing now).

Here is a list of all the cool things that have happened since my last post:
--I decided to sign up for PIT STOP 1 in next year's San Francisco Walk.  This means that I will be at the first stop that all the walkers come to for the day.  I believe it's a couple of miles into the walk.  I am looking forward to seeing each and every walker for all three days and cheering them on!!
--My friend Sean, who donated the tie dye shirts I'm always in, and who's making more for me to sell, decided to JOIN ME on the Crew of the San Francisco walk next year!  He signed up this morning and is now officially a TEAM TOUGH TITTY MEMBER!
--A woman who I met during the holidays when I hosted a craft fair DONATED the bracelets that she makes so that I can sell them for donations!
--I broke the $2k mark in my fundraising when I received a donation from a friend of Gina's today!
--I got a surprise from my mom in the mail today:  She knitted some cool pink ribbon beanies for me to sell!

That's a lot of good things, right??  Like I have said before...this whole experience has been life changing...and we've only just begun!

THANK YOU to Babbette, Sean, Terri & Mom!!

Here are some pics of more stuff!

Charms for necklaces and key rings

Double Charms

Large Charm

Small Charms.  All charms are interchangeable!

Personalized

Spencer wearing his ribbon pin and helping package them!

Ha ha Jack looks naked.  Our FREE banner from Metro Signs in Torrance.

My signs...Aren't they cute?  CHEAP frames from Ikea!

Fanny Pack.  'Cuz some people still use them!

Earrings that Janna made, packaged and ready to go!

Wish Bracelets donated By Terri Durish

HOW CUTE ARE THESE?  

It's a tweezer and file set!

Pens

Hand Made by my MOM!


Thanks, Mom!

DON'T FORGET:
Wilson Park Farmer's Market this Saturday 8am-1pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment