Monday, August 8, 2011

New Friends, and Pattee

I received an email today from last night's strangers-turned-friends!  Dorothy is the name of the woman who is a breast cancer survivor.  Her husband, who was celebrating his 70th birthday (and who is also a cancer survivor) is Alvin, and the younger couple with them was their son, also named Alvin, and their daughter-in-law, Sue.  Strangers no more!

In her email, Sue revealed to me that her best friend is also battling cancer, for the third time.  In fact, Sue was emailing me from Pattee's bedside.  Pattee has had one lung removed, and now has pneumonia in the other.  She was not a smoker.  CANCER SUCKS!  Cancer does not discriminate!


I will walk because I can.  I will walk for those I know and those I don't.  I will walk in honor of those who have survived and those who didn't make it long enough to see a cure.  I will walk because everyone deserves a lifetime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment