Monday, August 15, 2011

Every Little Bit Helps!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well!  

Since I last wrote, online donations have slowed down, but cash donations have not!

Last Thursday, Jack had a last minute appointment with his orthodontist.  His retainer was bothering him, so he wanted to have it checked.  While we were there, Dr. Noguchi's wife, Margaret, acknowledged that she had received my letter (sent 2 weeks earlier), but that she was having difficulty donating online.  She then proceeded to donate $100 by check!  THANK YOU!

The next night, Friday, my every-other-Friday-night regulars, Marjie and Norm, came in for dinner.  Marjie commented on my pink ribbon earrings and asked if they were for sale.  It just so happens that I had a pair on me, and she bought them ;)  She took off the earrings she was wearing and replaced them with the pink ribbon pair.  They are such a cool couple.  THANK YOU!

Sunday, we had a BBQ fundraiser here at our apartment complex.  For apartment tenants only, we served a hot dog, chips and a soda for $5.  We also had Hawaiian shave ice (we have 16 flavors now!), all of my pink ribbon merchandise, and some of my mom's craft stuff.  It was a beautiful day, we had fun, and we made $250 in 3 hours!  Plus, I LOVED the easy set up and break down just outside my front door :)  THANKS to Seth for all of his hard work in getting the food and shave ice stuff ready.

Now my focus is on the next event:  Our All-You-Can-Eat Pancake Breakfast at Coyote Cantina.  This is going to be our biggest event by far, and I am going to do everything I can to be sure that it is a fabulous and profitable event!  I even added a few new items to my pink ribbon merchandise collection.  I'll get you some pictures when I can :)

Until then, here are a few pictures I took at the BBQ:








Take Care!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment