Thursday, August 11, 2011

BJ'S Restaurant Fundraiser

Ah, a day off AND dinner with friends!

Since most of the work for this fundraiser involved getting the word (and lots of flyers) out, this day was relatively relaxing.  I made 3 batches of Rice Krispie treats for the BJ's restaurant crew (and their manager, my friend Mike, who has a fierce sweet tooth!), made a sign, and got some balloons (thanks, Seth!), and that was about it.

The flyers that would get us a 15% donation were good from 4pm to midnight, but we headed down there about 5ish.  We had left Seth's car there earlier in the day, so we would have a prime parking spot.  My plan was to put a sign on his car with some flyers, so that people passing on their way to the mall would see the flyers and hopefully take one.  I'm not sure how effective it was, but I think it was a good effort:


We had reservations for 15 of us at 6:15, and Gina and her family got there right on time.  Her aunt and uncle ended up coming, too, so then we were 17. Then my manager Martin and his wife showed up and sat with us, pushing us to 19!  It was fun!

Over the course of our time there, quite a few of my friends, family, and co-workers stopped by to say they were there to support us--some were eating in and some were taking out.  A woman I had met at the farmer's market even brought me some pink ribbon pins that her daughter made :)

I have no idea how much we raised, but it was nice to sit down to dinner with Gina and her family, and to spend time with friends, all for a good cause.  THANK YOU to everyone who came out in support of us!!

Although I brought my camera, I didn't take any pictures except this one on the way to the car.  It's blurry, but it's still full of smiles!!

Steven, Gina, Lisa, and Nicholas


Today, Seth made a huge batch of shave ice syrups for the BBQ we are having here at our apartment complex this weekend.  I have no idea if anyone will show up, but we are having a hot dog lunch for a $5 donation, shave ice, face painting, and all my craft and breast cancer stuff.  I think the boys are actually hoping that no one shows up so that they can eat all of the hot dogs and chips themselves ;)

I also received a surprise from my mom in the mail today...she made checkbook covers and cute drawstring bags out of pink ribbon fabric!  THANKS, Mom!  I will take some pictures and post them in the next couple of days.

And finally, I received my first donation for the 2012 walk!  Because I have already reached my minimum for this year, I went ahead and registered for the 2012 walk (which I hope Gina will walk with me!) and switched my donation page over so that all donations I receive now go towards next year's minimum.  Now I'm trying to figure out if I want to walk or crew in a 3rd city next year!!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment