Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Countdown Begins!!

Writing today's blog is gonna be tough.  I am worried that I am going to get myself so riled up that won't be able to sleep!  

Well, we are literally two and a half days away from opening ceremonies!  WOO HOO!  Seth and I are both SUPER excited!  We have not trained nearly enough, but we have faith that we are going to be fine.

As the day draws near, I have been creating my packing and to-do lists, and they seem to be getting longer and longer!  But I am also reassured by them, as writing things down helps me relax and also makes it less likely that I will forget something in all of the excitement.  There is lots and lots of information online about what to bring and how to pack, and I am heeding all of the advice.  

The last unknown at this point is the weather.  A few days ago the forecast was a chance of showers on Saturday and Sunday, but as of today the rain seems to have moved to Sunday.  Let's hope that in the next couple of days it disappears all together!  

Anyway, here are some pictures I wanted to share with you:

My credential!

The buttons that Seth and will be wearing and sharing.

I made these especially for my donors that had a loved one touched by breast cancer.  
Gina's mom is one, and two are aunts of mine.

I bought a new (super small) point and shoot for the walk.  
I love an excuse to shop for electronics, especially camera gear!!

I received this check at work today!  My company doubled the amount we actually raised at my restaurant!  Thank you, Kincaid's!!  This will all go to next year's walk!

Spencer decided he wanted a haircut tonight.  This is the before.

The after.  Isn't he handsome?

Tune in tomorrow to see MY haircut....


No comments:

Post a Comment